Juventus vs Ajax – UEFA Champions League
17th April, 00:30 IST
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Juventus: W W W D L
Ajax: W W W D W
A desperate Juventus side will be hoping to keep their European dreams alive when they lock horns with Dutch heavyweights Ajax Amsterdam in the 2nd leg of their Quarter-Final clash in the UEFA Champions League.
An early 2nd-half goal from David Neres cancelled out Cristiano Ronaldo’s first-half header last week to set up a tantalizing 2nd leg clash at the Juventus Stadium tonight.
Juventus head into this contest on the back of a 2-1 loss to SPAL in the Italian Serie A. The Old Lady have been dealt a major blow ahead of tonight’s fixture as Mario Mandzukic and Giorgio Chiellini have been declared unfit to feature against Ajax.
Ajax, though, will head into this match in a confident mood. The record Dutch Champions knocked out European heavyweights Real Madrid by producing a scintillating display at the Santiago Bernabeu and will be confident of repeating that feat against Juventus tonight.
Juventus will enter this match as the favourites to go through to the Semi-Final of the competition. Elimination at this stage will be disastrous for their manager Massimiliano Allegri.
Predicted Lineups (Updated):
Ajax: Onana; Mazraoui, Blind, De Ligt, Veltman; Schone, De jong, Van de Beek; Neres, Ziyech, Tadic.
Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Dybala, Ronaldo.
Combined XI for the game (Updated):
Captain & Vice-Captain Options:
- Dusan Tadic
- Hakim Ziyech
- David Neres
- Tagliafico (suspended)
- Hakim Ziyech, David Neres and Dusan Tadic are in blistering form for Ajax this season.
- With Tagliafico suspended, Veltman is likely to deputise at left-back for Ajax tonight.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 10 European encounters against Ajax.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the leading goalscorer in the history of the UEFA Champions League.
- Juventus are looking to reach their 3rd Champions League semi-final in the last 5 years.