Watford vs Arsenal – Premier League
16th April, 00:30 IST
Vicarage Road, Watford
Watford: L W L W W
Arsenal: W W W L W
Please Note: Changes will be made to this article approximately 50-55 mins before the deadline. The article will be updated with the confirmed lineups and the revised combined XI when the official starting lineups are released by both the teams.
6th-place Arsenal will be looking to overcome their away day blues when they travel down south to take on a dangerous Watford side at Vicarage Road tonight.
Arsenal have one of the best home records in the Premier League but they struggle to maintain the same consistency away from the Emirates. In fact, they are the only team in the Premier League to have not kept a single clean sheet away from home all season. Tonight’s match against the FA Cup finalists will be a major test of their defensive resilience.
The Hornets, who have already qualified for the FA Cup final at the expense of Wolves, are having a great season and are in contention to finish 7th in the Premier League table. A win tonight against the Gunners will see them getting closer towards achieving that objective.
Predicted Lineups (Updated):
Watford: Foster; Janmaat, Kabasele, Cathcart, Masina; Kiko Femenía, Capoue, Doucouré; Hughes; Deeney, Gray.
Arsenal: Leno; Mustafi, Koscielny, Mavropanos, Monreal; Xhaka, Torreira; Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Iwobi; Aubameyang.
Combined XI for the game (Updated):
Captain & Vice-Captain Options:
- Sokratis (suspended)
- Arsenal have not kept a single clean sheet away from home in the Premier League all season. Do not invest heavily in their defence.
- Troy Deeney has a good record against Arsenal. I fancy him to get on the scoresheet tonight.
- Lacazette and Aubameyang have scored a combined total of 30 league goals for Arsenal in the Premier League this season.
- Arsenal have won 7 of their last 8 matches in the Premier League that have been played on a Monday.
- Last season, Watford defeated Arsenal 2-1 at Vicarage Road.