The world number three Australia will take on 5th-ranked Germany on Saturday , having recorded a 1-0 win over world champions Netherlands and 2-1 defeat to Belgium last round.
Prediction: Australia to narrowly escape to win but Germany will score good number of goals
Australia Team Preview:
The Hockeyroos have named a 19-member team for Hobart, with Rebecca Greiner added to the group which played in Melbourne.
- Result: Women’s Match 8
Australia 4, China 3
Player of the Match: Mariah Williams (AUS)
13* WILLIAMS Mariah PC
28* MALONE Ambrosia FG
48* STEWART Grace FG
50* FITZPATRICK Savannah FG
- Result: Women’s Match 6 :
Australia 1(57* P Brooke FG), Belgium 2
Player of the Match: Barbara Nelen (BEL)
- Australia’s Hockeyroos (WR:3) came into their meeting against Belgium’s women (WR:13) feeling confident about their chances of success
- A first ever win against Australia is another major milestone in the development of the Belgium women’s team, who are constantly proving that they are far better than their position in the FIH World Rankings would indicate.
- Result: Women’s Match 4
Australia 1(Claxton 21’), Netherlands 0
Player of the Match: Rachael Lynch (AUS)
- The Hockeyroos have ended almost a decade of Dutch dominance with a ground-breaking 1-0 win over world champions Netherlands in their FIH Pro League opener in front of a sold-out crowd in Melbourne.
- Australia secured the upset over the world number one Netherlands, thanks to a number of defensive stops from local gun Rachael Lynch and a fantastic field goal in the 21st minute from Jane Claxton.
Australia Probable Starting 11 :
Wells ashlee (gk)
Chalker emily (c)
Impact Substitutes :
Lynch rachael (gk)
Germany Team Preview:
Germany Probable Starting 11 :
( Players marked in “X” could be in the startling lineup , otherwise entire squad will have an impact as bench players are also impact performers)
Sample Reference Team: